Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Quiet

Our house has been filled with kids for the past two weeks. My 3 year old niece and 4 year old nephew, along with their 6 year old brother and 10 year old sister have been here visiting us from Ohio. Let me preface what I am about to say by 1st saying that, they are very well behaved kids. However, when you go from having no kids in the house to having 4 of varying ages it can get very loud! We aren't very loud around here when the kids aren't here. Well scratch that Ryan is never loud!! I have a loud booming Italian voice but Ryan has really helped me quiet down too. I mean how loud and boisterous can 2 adults and 2 small dogs be?

There are times during the week that I am exhausted when they are here. However, the same thing happens every time they leave us. Ryan usually takes them to meet their parents (we can't all fit in one car when they are all here) about an hour and a half from here halfway between our homes. I kiss them all goodbye and pray for them as they leave then I start cleaning the house. Then as I am cleaning the house I realize how incredibly quiet it is in here. It's so quiet I can't hear anything. Then I begin to cry because I miss them so much and I realize I miss the loud, I miss the rush of kids flying by me, I miss the funny things they say and do. I woke up not feeling well because I think that I stressed myself out so much over thinking about them leaving. I'm not alone. When Ryan gets home his eyes will be red because he has been crying too. We will go outside and plant something or watch something on TV and try to ignore how quiet it is in here.


I have total faith in God that he will bring us a baby that will one day soon make our house very loud.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those feelings all too well. Many prayers that you get that call soon!

    ReplyDelete