Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vacation!!

So we are back from vacation. It was so needed. I really made my very best effort to not think about adoption or anything for that matter. I feel like I did really well too considering we knew that an expectant mother was looking at our profile. We are still waiting to find out what that outcome will be. I will say when you are trying to suspend reality Disney World is the place to do it! I felt like a little kid it was truly one of the best vacations that we have ever been on. We went to all 4 of the parks and spent 2 days at Universal. Ryan had always thought that he wouldn't have fun there without kids, he was wrong! He had a blast he rode every ride at least once. I can vomit at the drop of a hat so I don't ride much so I enjoyed the air conditioned gift shops while everyone else rode the crazy rides that I couldn't handle. I found myself thinking about our future children. How could I not there are children everywhere! However, I didn't find myself getting sad I kept thinking and planning what we would do when we go back with our kids. I had so much fun I can't imagine how much fun it will be seeing it through my children's eyes.

We spent the last 2 days of vacation going to Universal. Honestly, after being at Disney, Universal looked like a local community park in comparison. But they do have some really cool things there. I was thrilled to see Seuss Landing. It is an entire section filled with rides and shops dedicated to Dr. Seuss. I love Dr. Seuss and the baby's room is decorated in Dr. Seuss so that was fun. The rides in that area were also very mild so I could ride them!



As wonderful as vacation was it does feel good to get back to things at home. I feel refreshed and I am excited about what our future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment